Bentley Motoring Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car?

3 posters

Go down

Do You Like It?

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_lcap67%What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_lcap0%What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_lcap0%What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_lcap33%What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Empty What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car?

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 am

As I am sure you have all heard, Tesla Motor's has finally started full production of their car, the lotus looking 100% electric sports car that does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and can go about 220miles on a single charge.\

I will admit, I was skeptical at first, but I am now really interested in this car. If this is the way we have to move forward, its not too bad of a move. It has 100% of its torque at 0 rpm, so it just shoots off the line.

What are your thoughts?

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Torquegraph_v2

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? 061211_bestproducts_hmed11a.hmedium
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

http://ecampus.bentley.edu/studentorgs/bmo

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Empty Re: What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car?

Post by Ricer Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 am

I have been in love with this car ever since i first heard about it a few years ago when they were prototyping it... I just wish that it would be able to go further on a charge.

Ricer

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car? Empty Re: What Do You Think of the Tesla Motor's Car?

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:09 am

Glad I'm not the only one..
I am going for a test drive in Aug....when u look at the stats, the car is pretty amazing really
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricer Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:55 pm

It is... What type of dealers will be carrying them? Is Tesla under someone's wing or are they an entity of their own?

Have fun with those 2 speeds too when you testdrive.... fast and super fast

Ricer

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Ricer wrote:It is... What type of dealers will be carrying them? Is Tesla under someone's wing or are they an entity of their own?

Have fun with those 2 speeds too when you testdrive.... fast and super fast

They are an independent company and have their own dealerships....at least for now.
The transmission is no longer a 2 speed....now its just a 1 (like putting an auto into Drive). They were having transmission faliures, so they basically said forget it, we will just create are own. As of 2009, the transmission will be made completely in house, and anything pre-2009 will get a transmission upgrade at no cost.

0-3.9 seconds...thats getting dangerously close to the 911 Turbo and Ferrari F430 Cool
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricer Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Hmm... So it is going to be like driving a snowmobile.

cool
Cool

Ricer

Back to top Go down

Post by 93cobra670 Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:47 am

i say leave cars like that to the granola weirdos....looking on the bright side more gas for me Very Happy
93cobra670
93cobra670

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum