Bentley Motoring Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

let's talk small turbo

4 posters

Go down

let's talk small turbo Empty let's talk small turbo

Post by jonciukas Fri May 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Soon I'll be in need of a turbo it seems so opinions on best ones with a decent power curve that start spooling at 2500-3000rpm range?
so far T61 came in my view and whole t3/t4 hybrid setups, anything else major that I would be missing at this point?

I'm not looking for a huge setup hense the low spooling range need power in mid to higher range 6.1k redline; running on stock internals on a 4cyl 2AZ-FE if anyone's familiar.

Opinions and anything else welcome.

jonciukas

Back to top Go down

let's talk small turbo Empty Re: let's talk small turbo

Post by Ricer Fri May 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Do you drive a camry?

I don't know what else has that engine in it....

Ricer

Back to top Go down

Post by jonciukas Fri May 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Yep '06, scion's have the same engine as well as all the new 4cyl camry's

It's fwd so if I do it like I said I'm not looking for huge numbers as it won't really do well at the strip no matter what.
plus right now it's a/t and if I want it to handle more than mid 200's I will need a manual so if I will build anything eventually I will start with a manual tranny but then again there's not that big of a point to go that far a fwd with 400-500hp won't do much good haha

jonciukas

Back to top Go down

Post by 93cobra670 Fri May 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Wait, what car is this? You should talk to rich (if we can ever get him on here), hes the bmo resident turbo expert lol

but keep in mind, ur going to need supporting mods, and there WILL be shit that breaks.
93cobra670
93cobra670

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Sat May 24, 2008 8:30 pm

jonciukas wrote:Yep '06, scion's have the same engine as well as all the new 4cyl camry's

It's fwd so if I do it like I said I'm not looking for huge numbers as it won't really do well at the strip no matter what.
plus right now it's a/t and if I want it to handle more than mid 200's I will need a manual so if I will build anything eventually I will start with a manual tranny but then again there's not that big of a point to go that far a fwd with 400-500hp won't do much good haha

Toyota racing released the factory spec supercharger for scions that you can buy....gets you in the 200's. However I have heard its not that great considering the price...
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

http://ecampus.bentley.edu/studentorgs/bmo

Back to top Go down

Post by jonciukas Sat May 24, 2008 11:23 pm

bluehtchbckdrv wrote:
jonciukas wrote:Yep '06, scion's have the same engine as well as all the new 4cyl camry's

Toyota racing released the factory spec supercharger for scions that you can buy....gets you in the 200's. However I have heard its not that great considering the price...

Yeah it's not a lot of power and fitment would be off under the hood; would probably need to shift things around. If doing custom might as well go for turbo: more options to upgrade later turbo and internals.

jonciukas

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Sun May 25, 2008 3:51 pm

jonciukas wrote:
Yeah it's not a lot of power and fitment would be off under the hood; would probably need to shift things around. If doing custom might as well go for turbo: more options to upgrade later turbo and internals.

Well....not necessarily true. A nice supercharger can give you a very smooth, solid power band. The second you start up the car, your supercharger is spinning so there is no drastic kick in the ass when it finally hits (assuming you have a proper tune...).
Overall though, you can get more power from a Turbo...but you aren't looking at huge numbers
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jonciukas Mon May 26, 2008 2:28 am

well with a turbo you have more ability to upgrade as well, if in the end for some reason I decide to built the engine I can upgrade the turbo and have more power that's another advantage, but anyways in terms of turbos anything else I should look at?

jonciukas

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv Mon May 26, 2008 11:37 am

Still not sure I agree, but the T61 sounds pretty good to me.
bluehtchbckdrv
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum